Construcciones Otero handled the work to restore this heritage site.
The work addressed two essential issues:
- Bringing this area with its historical gardens and vegetable plots into the city’s system of public spaces.
- Highlighting the Qubba monument as an exceptional feature.
The tasks carried out were the following:
- Cleaning up of the area and demolition of non-catalogued buildings.
- Underpinning of foundations and restoration of existing perimeter walls and opening of new gateways.
- Erection of coloured reinforced concrete structures as containing walls in the ramp areas and a cistern to provide a level of water.
- Construction of water supply, drainage & irrigation systems.
- Installation of an electric power grid, lighting, remote control and ducting to accommodate future installations.
- Building on site of coloured mass concrete flooring with a textured surface.
- Laying of autoclave-treated Melis pine wood flooring.
- Laying of cobble stones.
- Laying of embedded soft, red clay type flooring with concrete ties, manufactured in moulds on site.
- Laying out of gardens and street furniture.
- Refurbishment of the gatehouse.